loader image
08 6188 7526


Untitled design - 2022-06-16T005603.749

A Child visa allows children of Australian citizens and permanent residents of Australia to obtain permanent residency in Australia. The child must be either under 18 or between 18 and 25 and dependent on the parent.

What is a Child Visa?

Depending on the type of visa, a child visa permits the holder to live in Australia either temporarily or permanently. Children of Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia, and temporary partner visa holders are eligible for it.

A kid visa might be one of three types:

A permanent child visa (subclass 101 or 802) is offered to children or stepchildren of Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia, or qualifying New Zealand citizens. A dependent child visa (subclass 445), on the other hand, is a temporary visa for children or stepchildren of temporary partner visa holders (subclass 309 or 820). At the same time as their parent, a dependent child visa holder transfers to a permanent partner visa (subclass 100 or 801).

Book 15 Mins Free Consultation

Child Visa Requirements

The applicant has to be sponsored by an Australian citizen, a temporary (for subclass) 445) and permanent resident of Australia.


The applicant and sponsor must show proof of their identification, such as a passport, birth certificate, and, if available, a national identity card.

Health Assessment

The applicant must conduct a health evaluation to show that they will not incur excessive expenditures for Australian taxpayers due to public health care.


The applicant must be under the age of 18 or between the ages of 18 and 25, and must be financially dependent on a sponsoring parent or temporary partner visa holder.

Character Test

Applicants above the age of 16 and their sponsors must demonstrate good character, which includes police clearances for every nation they have lived in for 12 months or more (cumulatively) in the previous ten years (from the age of 16 onwards.)

Assurance Of Support

For a Child Visa, an assurance of support (AoS) is sometimes required. This is a financial bond that an assurer pays to offer financial assistance to your migrating child This means they are not reliant on social assistance payments, which are generally provided at the expense of the Australian society. It is not necessary for the assurer to be the child’s sponsor.